Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
Amanda Twait, MSN, PMHNP-BC is an Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Amanda received her BSN from St. Joseph College of Nursing (Joliet) in 1994 and her MSN from Rush University (Chicago) in 2008. Amanda has specialized in psychiatric nursing since 1994.
Amanda is Board Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. She specializes in seeing patients age (18 and older). She is certified and licensed to diagnose and treat (including prescribing medication) to individuals with mental health disorders.
Amanda sees patients at several skilled nursing facilities and the JCCR office. She is a strong proponent of referring individuals for psychotherapy, if necessary, in combination with medication management.
Amanda's clinical interests include the following:
- Adults (18 and older)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (in adults)
- Anger Issues
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks / Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Developmental Disorders (in adults)
- Insomnia / Sleep Issues
- Schizophrenia / Schizoaffective Disorder
Please contact your insurance company directly to verify coverage for new patients seeing their health providers.
What to Bring to Your Appointment If You are a New Patient at JCCR
- Picture ID
- Insurance card
- List of prescription medications and dosages
- Current contact information
- Emergency contact information
- Any and all relevant Psychiatric records such as office/hospital notes
If you are a New patient and would like to set up an appointment with our providers; please fill out the form below.